Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Candy corn colour catastrophe

Below you will see my second card for the Unity be inspired challenge.  Again I have used the colour palette. This card started out brilliantly. I stamped the Big Summertime Bouquet itty bitty by Unity Stamp Company twice, one using the mirror image technique by stamping onto the back of a larger acrylic stamp and using that to stamp. It came out perfectly - Score!!  Then I coloured the flowers with copics in the RV and YR range and the leaves with the cool greys. I wasn't overjoyed with the results as I don't have copics close together in these colours to get a good blend, but I was happy enough.  Next I thought I do some ink smooching with distress ink.  Bad move you certainly don't get good results on the xpress-it blending card like on watercolour card.  It ended up looking like someone threw up candy corn all over the card.  I tried to blend it with a bit more distress ink but the flowers then almost disappeared. So next I got out the white gel pen and did some highlighting, which brought out the image a bit.  Then I shaded around the image a little with one of the cool grey copic which popped it a little more.  The original sentiment in this Unity set would have just disappeared on the candy corn vomit so I cut out the MFT happy birthday out of black fun foam.  I was going to directly mount the card panel on the black card but thought it needed a bit more pink so put it on some pink card with a thin border and called this card finished. It wasn't till after I took the photo I noticed that I had lost the dot on the birthday I. I think a dot of enamel accents will have to do, the foam has been put away and it is late at night here.  Time for beddy bis now.  See ya, cheers Linda


No comments: