Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

12 Tags of Christmas with a Feminine Twist - take 4

This tag has been created for Ellen Hutson 12 tags of Christmas with a feminine twist challenge. This tag was inspired by Heather Campbells shaker tag from day 10.  I have used two Bella tags. One I cut the window in with a curved rectangle die from MPress. This tag I left white and adhered the plastic window to it with the MFT skyline border die-namics sandwiched between the two so it is outside the shaker window as Heather had done.  Next I stamped and embossed the Kaisercraft Christmas sentiment with Zing red metallic finish embossing powder, which is much more a magenta pink than red. I then cut out a circle of masking material and placed over the sentiment  while I coloured to create the moon effect.  The background was then coloured with distress inks - squeezed lemonade, mustard seed, Victorian velvet, worn lipstick and picked raspberry.  Then after removing the mask I proceeded to stamp the Kaszazz Santa and sleigh with versamark to heat emboss with black - spectacular fail!!  The background distress inking was still too wet so black powder stuck everywhere.  So I brushed it off and now I have a slightly smoggy sunset, lol. I stamped Santa and the reindeer again just with brilliance black ink.  I stuck some thin adhesive foam strips around the edge, popped in some gold and silver sequins and a little sprinkle of silver stardust ( a mixture of coarse glitter and little stars) and adhered together. I created a black reinforced with two punches from some black card and then popped a couple of piece of silver ribbon through the hole and tied it up with gold cord.

Thank you for looking, cheers Linda

3 comments:

Stamping With Bibiana said...

beautiful! wonderful interpretation, cheers from california
bibiana

PiecesbyEmily said...

Such a pretty scene on the tag! Love!

Unknown said...

Very nice! The tags would be such a treat on any gift.